331 Thames St.
- Route Options
- 1km and 5km Walk/Fun Run
- Registration Open: 9:00 AM
- Walk Start Time: 10:00 AM
About the Walk for Arthritis
The Walk for Arthritis is a one-day community-based event that raises much needed funds for the more than 6 million Canadians affected by arthritis. The Walk for Arthritis was started in 2009 by small community groups, including amazing volunteers here in London who decided that people living with arthritis needed more support and who realized that if more funds could be raised, they might make a difference to their future.
Since then, every June, in more than 30 communities across Canada, thousands of people have started their Saturday or Sunday by choosing to walk with and among people confronted with the pain and limitations of arthritis. And they leave truly inspired.
We’re celebrating 10 years in London! Don’t miss our fun-filled activities:
- ALL NEW TEAM CHALLENGE! Go for Gold this year as qualifying teams compete in games of brain, brawn and wit for a chance at medals and prizes!
- Expanded Kids Zone! Let the kids have fun with our playground, games, toys and all new Splashpad! BRING YOUR SUITS!
- Complete your walk and reward your self with Free Starbucks, DavidsTea, Subway and Panago Pizza! 10th Anniversary cake will be served!
- Don’t forget to book some “me time” at the Fanshawe College MEND pavilion where RMT students will melt your sore muscles away with a FREE massage!
- Our friends at the YMCA will lead us in our warm up this year and to reward the top fundraiser, they are donating a 3-month membership prize with Y treats!
- Stop by the EllisDon Photobooth to capture the day with fun props and share team photos on social media.
- Be sure to visit our Educational Expo and Arthritis Avenue partners to get your Passport stamped for a chance at more prizes!
Don’t miss out on the 2019 Walk for Arthritis Ontario Incentive Program! Every registered participant who raises over $1000 or more qualifies for an e-gift card from one of five exciting retailers. Click here for more details.
We look forward to seeing you there! Feel free to reach out to Jeanette Wilson at any time to ask questions!